I remember those days within the first months of blogging with my very first website Joyful Source and for more than a year ago, I’ve had so many question in my head yearning to get answers right away by surfing online on all sorts of blog, it resulted for me having a complete information overload!
Seriously, overwhelming as it was I learned that it helps to begin with answering these 5 important questions to have a good start -the why, what, when, where and how. To be specific, here’s the following questions that I wrote:
- Why do I want to blog?
- What is my goal?
- Until when do I want to do it?
- Where do I get my readers?
- How do I the things I know nothing about yet?
After understanding my own answers I told myself not to procrastinate and below are my quick and easy advice to get started!
- Niche – decide first not only what you want to do or what you are passionate about, but you also have to know what are the current trend and to understand what would it be of help or of importance to your ideal audience, in order to get a better idea of your domain which is the next step. Ex. Fitness, Health, Beauty, LifeStyle, Food, Crafting, etc.
- Domain – it is best to get an 8 to 12 letter or number website name, the shorter the better as it is easy to remember as well as make it meaningful and it should reflect what your niche is all about. Without having to learn HTML codes, it is easy to use website creators such as Wix from wix.com as well as WordPress and Bloggers or BlogSpot as it all depends on your choice of what exactly is your goal. Is it just a hobby or if you want to monetize it then it is best to get the paid version and you can get it cheap from GoDaddy. Ex. www.godaddy.com sounds better than godaddy.wordpress.com, godaddy.blogspot.com.
- Web Hosting – the best and cheapest that I have tried myself is SiteGround using WordPress platform -it is still the best! SiteGround is way affordable compared to the quality of service, speed and they still have the best support ever!
- Theme – there are thousands of free themes to choose from so as soon as you land into your control panel, look for the button to install WordPress. Tutorials are everywhere online or in YouTube. So click on the install button to easily set it up and when you are directed to the themes page, you don’t need to buy any of them! It is super easy and can be customized.
- Publish – go ahead and start publishing your first article, imagine there’s more than 3 billion blog posts written every single day and isn’t it amazing to be one of them!
I hope these surely fun and easy steps will help and guide you as blogging is so much fun and indeed, I’ve enjoyed sharing everything I want to share to the online world!
Thanks for reading and let me know your thoughts by commenting below!